- To take in unwanted, abandoned, injured or lost exotic
- To provide medical care and safe housing for rescued
- To provide suitable foster homes for rescued birds
- To reunite lost birds with their owners whenever possible.
- To provide owners the necessary training and skills
to keep their companion bird in their home.
- To provide ongoing information and education in proper
avian care and behavior to current and potential exotic bird owners.
A few notes:
Exotic Bird Rescue does not operate a facility.
It is our belief that the interests of the birds we take in are best suited in a foster home program, therefore the birds
are all quarantined and housed in personal homes throughout the area and treated as members of the family. All of the foster
homes and staff of this organization are volunteers working out of their homes. They pay their own gas when transporting for
us and pay all their own personal expenses. Some are home and some work full time at a regular job. They do this because they
are passionate about what they do, not because they receive perks or benefits- they don't. Please keep this in mind when contacting
The word "rescue" is misleading as to what we do. Most of our birds are not "rescued," but are placed
with us voluntarily by their owners who more often than not, loved and cared for them to the best of their ability.
Email Us: email@example.com